[Koha] Koha details/features

Randy Edwards redwards at sau53.org
Fri Sep 8 02:34:41 NZST 2000

> What's distribution? Is that circulation - issues and returns

   Yes, exactly.  I'm not sure if that's the right term (I'm a computer
geek, not a librarian) but that's what our librarians call it.

> Yes does barcode scanning - am surprised by how often this comes up

   That's what I thought.  One suggestion might be to do a short "gee
whiz" list of features on the web site bragging about Koha's capabilities.

> More specifically than that - it doesn't curently import MARC
> records as such

   That's okay; as I said, I'm not a librarian so I don't have a clue as
to what a MARC record is. :-)  The tiny school libraries I'm dealing with
are still using card catalogs, so I don't think they're using a 3x5 inch
paper record. :-)

> It doesn't currently do Z3950

   Again, my apologies as I don't know what that is either.  I'm sure I'll
asking lots of "dumb" questions.

   The things I'm thinking of is types of interfaces for the scanners,
models that can be used, everything like that -- as I said, I'm a complete
newbie when it comes to library automation, bar codes, etc.

 Regards,
 .
 Randy