[Koha] FAQ: Overdues and fines

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Mon Jul 17 18:19:35 NZST 2000

HI,

Have had a question about overdues and fines in Koha, and thought you may
all be interested in the answer.

QUESTION - Does koha have functionality to automatically record overdues
$$ and other penalties and  print o/d notices?

Yep it does - the library fills in a schedule matching itemtype and borrower
type to a loan length and a fine amount as part of the setup, and then Koha
calculates the fines based on that. Librarians can write of fines if they need
too.

for a demo see

http://hlt.katipo.co.nz/cgi-bin/koha/moremember.pl?bornum=11250

Fines owing comes up when you're issuing a book, and it won't let you issue
if the borrower owes more than $5.

You could change that amount if you wanted to.

It doesn't automaticaly  prints over due notices right now, although it collects
them, and we have been doing work with talking technologies to get the
overdue notices going to the auto phone system - so we have a text file that
is output at the moment, but it could easily be output to the printer rather
than the phone system.

Hope that's what you need to know

Cheers
Rachel

Rachel Hamilton-Williams             Katipo Communications
WEBMISTRESS                          ph  025 300 825 or +64 04 389 1285
mailto:rachel at katipo.co.nz           PO Box 7039, Wellington
http://www.katipo.co.nz              New Zealand