[Kete] Sorry for the delay!!!!

Walter McGinnis walter at katipo.co.nz
Sun Jun 28 11:43:58 NZST 2009

Hi Massoud,

Thanks for alerting me to the problem... I'll investigate with haste.

To answer your question, there are two parts to complete translation
of Kete functionality; user interface translation including ability
for the user to pick a preferred locale and user submitted content
translation.

The first part has been implemented, sans html template repositioning
and the possible Zebra work you mentioned , for 1.3.  The second part,
originally scheduled for 1.3, has been pushed to 1.4 as the client has
reprioritized and there is no funding to implement it.

I believe that a lot of sites will be single language and that the
interface translation is probably the most important for them.  The
content translation has some great possible uses, especially for sites
that use as Kete as a CMS and must provide content in multiple
languages.  We have the design for the implementation done, just need
funding to finish it.

I'll get back to you about the commenting problem shortly.

Cheers,
Walter