[Kete] Search PDFs

Walter McGinnis walter at katipo.co.nz
Fri Dec 11 07:30:20 NZDT 2009

Hi,

You need enable it for the site:

* make sure you have installed the wv poppler-utils lynx and packages (assuming you are using Debian Lenny) as mentioned in the installation guide (http://kete.net.nz/documentation/topics/show/261)
* login in as site admin with tech admin role (the default admin account should do the trick)
* click on "reconfigure site" in the "Administrator's Toolbox" towards the bottom of any page
* click "Advanced Options"
* click "Documents"
* change the "Enable Converting Documents:" field to true and click "Save"
* use the "Restart your server" button if you are running off of master or restart your server from the command line

After that each document detail page will have a "Replace description with document text " link that can be used to pull in the text into the description, thus making it full text searchable.

I've written this up on the site now: http://kete.net.nz/en/site/topics/show/314-how-do-i-enable-full-text-searching-of-documents

Cheers,
Walter

Walter McGinnis