[Kete] Attending Building an Australasian Commons in Brisbane next week

Walter McGinnis walter at katipo.co.nz
Fri Jun 20 16:39:07 NZST 2008

I'll be going to Building an Australasian Commons in Brisbane next
week (http://www.creativecommons.org.au/australasiancommons).  It's
Creative Commons Australia's national conference and promises to be an
interesting lineup. I'm looking forward to hearing the Jurisdiction
Report from CC Aotearoa New Zealand.

It's excellent timing, since we are ready to release new functionality
in Kete 1.1 which will allow users to choose a CC license for any
piece of content in a Kete site that they create.  Kete site
administrators will be able to load the available licenses appropriate
to their community.

I'm excited to see what others are doing and saying about Creative
Commons licensing of content.  I would also love to meet up with
anyone interested in grabbing a coffee and having a chat.  If you are
in Brisbane between the evening of Monday June 23rd and the afternoon
of June 25th email me at walter -at- katipo dot co dot nz or you can
ring or text me at +64211241794.

Thanks goes to Paul Reynolds for telling me about the conference and
to the Aotearoa People's Network for commissioning the new CC
functionality in Kete.

Hope to see you in Brisbane!

Cheers,

Walter McGinnis