[Koha] [EXTERNAL] KOHA OPAC customize page

King, Fred Fred.King at Medstar.net
Sat Feb 3 03:48:46 NZDT 2024

Greetings!

IF you have customized your OPAC pages using the same method I used, I have a solution that MIGHT work. I’m kind of doubtful since I don’t have my configuration altered when I update my Ubuntu, but even if it doesn’t work, it might give you some ideas.

What I did was modify the xslt templates to show what I wanted. If you go to Administration > System preferences > OPAC and scroll down to OPACXSLDetailsDisplay and OPACXSLResultsDisplay, you’ll see the names and locations of the templates for the OPAC. If it’s “default” then the files are (on my system, configured in English)
   /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/bootstrap/en/xslt/MARC21slim2OPACResults.xsl (search results)
   /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/bootstrap/en/xslt/MARC21slim2OPACDetail.xsl (single record)
I don’t think that an Ubuntu update would overwrite those, but it’s possible.

What I did for the MedStar Authors Catalog (http://medstarauthors.org, not https:, not accessible from everywhere—I don’t think EU countries can see it) was modify those files and save them as
   /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/bootstrap/en/xslt/new_authcat_results.xsl
   /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/bootstrap/en/xslt/new_authcat_detail.xsl
You can put them anywhere you want, as long as they’re on a site Koha can access. For example, you could put them in
   /var/www/html/results.xsl
Or
   http://dokument.space/results.xsl (actually that won’t work since I’m not storing files there anymore, but you get the idea.

I did a presentation at last year’s koha-US conference that covers this a bit (I only had an hour and I didn’t want to overwhelm my audience too much.) See https://youtu.be/MfZ8msQ0ZQA

I also have the files and some other information at http://medstarauthors.org/cgi-bin/koha/opac-page.pl?page_id=9.

And if that doesn’t work, hmmm… well, you might try my method. It’s time-consuming to get everything right, but it works.

--Fred

Fred King, MSLS, AHIP
fred.king at medstar.net
202-877-6670
ORCID 0000-0001-5266-0279
MedStar Authors Catalog: http://medstarauthors.org

I have a long history of fooling around with other people's music.
--Peter Schickele (1935-2024)

Good day! Everytime we update of upgrade the Operating system (Ubuntu 22. 04), the customize opac page return to default page, It disable some of the html codes that we use. we need to customize it again and again everytime we update the operating

Good day!

Everytime we update of upgrade the Operating system (Ubuntu 22.04), the

customize opac page return to default page, It disable some of the html

codes that we use. we need to customize it again and again everytime we

update the operating system.

Any fix for that?

Thank you!

Koha mailing list  https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://koha-community.org__;!!D7IIWT94AA!8EFCWNDq37DsF5HwPES4ci4REMReJrz4tmpp3PEE5PBSvnH_yVjvbiBXOW5CojBYCmd3WiByNKLb3WjgOIadTQ$<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/koha-community.org__;!!D7IIWT94AA!8EFCWNDq37DsF5HwPES4ci4REMReJrz4tmpp3PEE5PBSvnH_yVjvbiBXOW5CojBYCmd3WiByNKLb3WjgOIadTQ$>[koha-community[.]org]

Koha at lists.katipo.co.nz<mailto:Koha at lists.katipo.co.nz>

Unsubscribe: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha__;!!D7IIWT94AA!8EFCWNDq37DsF5HwPES4ci4REMReJrz4tmpp3PEE5PBSvnH_yVjvbiBXOW5CojBYCmd3WiByNKLb3WgEUFcFnA$<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha__;!!D7IIWT94AA!8EFCWNDq37DsF5HwPES4ci4REMReJrz4tmpp3PEE5PBSvnH_yVjvbiBXOW5CojBYCmd3WiByNKLb3WgEUFcFnA$>[lists[.]katipo[.]co[.]nz]