[Koha] Import Catalog

David Nind david at davidnind.com
Sat Sep 30 07:28:33 NZDT 2023

Just another thought about this:

I have worked with Koha in the past. Our local install broke so I had to
> create a fresh install. I have completed the install on the latest version
> of Ubuntu (UI) and the latest version of KOHA and would like to import the
> catalog.

The cataloguing/import tools don't allow you to import a Koha database - it
only allows you to import MARC records.

So you will need to either:
1. Get MARC21 or UNIMARC records for your bibliographic and authority
records out of your old installation.
  OR
2. Use your old database in your new installation, and work through any
upgrade issues.

David Nind
New Zealand

(Also, it's Koha not KOHA - it's a word not an abbreviation.)