[Koha] Koha not compatible with Plesk Control Panel?

Alessandro Tedesco alessandro.tedesco.it at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 03:00:40 NZDT 2023

Hi Mason,

Thanks for your reply.

> so your success with koha 21.11 is probably due to installing on an older
ubuntu version (focal?)

Actually no: I did the tests one after the other and the OS version never
changed: *Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS (jammy) + Plesk Obsidian 18.0.55*.

# lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release: 22.04
Codename: jammy

Let me summarize everything.

If I try to install Koha *23.05*

# echo 'deb http://debian.koha-community.org/koha stable main' | sudo tee
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/koha.list
# sudo apt-get update
# sudo apt-get install koha-common

If I try to install Koha *22.11*

# echo 'deb http://debian.koha-community.org/koha oldstable main' | sudo
tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/koha.list
# sudo apt-get update
# sudo apt-get install koha-common

If I try to install Koha *22.05*

# echo 'deb http://debian.koha-community.org/koha oldoldstable main' | sudo
tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/koha.list
# sudo apt-get update
# sudo apt-get install koha-common

I get this error and can't proceed:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

psa : Conflicts: javascript-common but 11+nmu1 is to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused
by held packages.

However, If I try to install Koha *21.11*

# echo 'deb http://debian.koha-community.org/koha 21.11 main' | sudo tee
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/koha.list
# sudo apt-get update
# sudo apt-get install koha-common

The installation starts and everything goes fine: Koha is installed.

Thanks and Kind Regards
Alessandro