[Koha] Koha not compatible with Plesk Control Panel?

Alessandro Tedesco alessandro.tedesco.it at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 11:00:25 NZDT 2023

Hello everyone,

I am trying to install the current stable release of Koha on a VPS (OS
Ubuntu 22.04.1) managed with the Plesk Control Panel.

However, it seems that Koha is not compatible with Plesk.

Below the error generated after launching the installation
-------------------
# sudo apt-get install koha-common
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

psa : Conflicts: javascript-common but 11+nmu1 is to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused
by held packages.
-------------------

I have found that Plesk is not compatible with the javascript-common
package required by Koha (https://
talk.plesk.com/threads/cant-install-prometheus-together-with-plesk-on-debian-bullseye.367321/#post-917570
).

However, it's strange because last year I installed Koha without problems
on a VPS with Plesk...maybe the javascript-common package in the latest
versions of Koha?

Does anyone experience the same issues?

Thanks and Kind Regards
Alex