[Koha] Elasticsearch in Debian 12

Thomas Klausner domm at plix.at
Mon Oct 23 23:32:40 NZDT 2023

Hi!

On Fri, Oct 20, 2023 at 11:08:04AM -0600, Ricardo Vargas wrote:
> Hi all, I have a Debian 12, with 16 GB of RAM and koha installed by
> packages, I have tried to configure it with Elasticsearch but it always
> sends the error of problems when indexing, it does not advance.
> In Debian 10 and Debian 11 it indexes without problems, has anyone
> configured Elasticsearch with Debian 12?

We had a similar issue (and haven't solved it yet). But in a totally
other non-Koha project the reason for the same problem (I assume) was
that the current Elasticsearch Perl client won't connect to an older
Elasticsearch Server (older = before the Licence switch).

see here https://opensearch.org/blog/community-clients/

But maybe there are other issues...

I hope to get some time this week to take a closer look.

Greetings,
domm

--
Thomas Klausner               domm                  https://domm.plix.at
Just another ( Perl | Postgres | Bicycle | Food | Photo | Vinyl ) Hacker

Moneglia, Italy, via Puck, 2 day exposure
[ 2023-10-14 10:00 > https://domm.plix.at/potd/2023-10-14.html ]

Long and good read: http://bit-player.org/2023/ai-and-the-end-of-programming
[ 2023-09-14 12:01 > https://domm.plix.at/microblog.html ]