[Koha] OAI-PMH Setup

Coehoorn, Joel jcoehoorn at york.edu
Wed Oct 18 10:19:05 NZDT 2023

We're working with EBSCO to try to make our Koha catalog details available
as part of their discovery service for our students, so search results can
show our holdings along side items from places like Academic Search Premier.

I can access our OAI-PMH data and see the OAI-PMH service is working in our
Koha installation, and I can even find records by biblionumber. However, in
order for EBSCO to ingest this information, they need to know a few things:

First, they need a URL into our OPAC that can identify a record, so they
can link users to our catalog. Normally I would suggest this:

https://catalog.york.edu/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber={biblionumber}

But then for #2, they need to know where in the marc data to find the
biblio number to complete the template for individual records. From what I
can see, this item is *not included* in the marc data. Rather, it's an
internal number that Koha only stores in the MySQL database.

How are others handling this?

*Joel Coehoorn*
Director of Information Technology
*York University*
Office: 402-363-5603 | jcoehoorn at york.edu | york.edu

*Please contact helpdesk at york.edu <helpdesk at york.edu> for technical
assistance.*

The mission of York University is to transform lives through
Christ-centered education and to equip students for lifelong service to
God, family, and society