[Koha] Fwd: Dead Koha Resuscitation

David Liddle david at liddles.net
Fri May 19 06:52:15 NZST 2023

Hello, Bruce. You've been good about chasing down the information
folks have asked for. I'm sorry that we haven't brought you closer to
a solution. I have some follow-up questions:

1.a. Database. Once you listed the databases, did you exit the mysql
prompt and back up the koha_library database with the mysqldump
command?
1.b.Can you use an FTP client such as FileZilla to download such files?
2.a. Path. What is the result of this command?
          env | grep -i 'path'
2.b. Path. Did you already establish that the Koha commands are or are
not installed?
          ls /usr/sbin/koha*
3. Repository and deb. Did you run "apt update" before running
"apt-get install --reinstall koha-common"? The current version is
21.11.20. See https://koha-community.org/koha-21-11-20-released/
4. Status and Apache. Yes, koha-common appears to be running, though
maybe I'm reading it wrong. Have you checked the Apache config file
for your instance, probably /etc/apache2/sites-available/library.conf?
SSL Certificate information will be important. There are also
Apache-related config files in /etc/koha, which I think could have
been overwritten in the upgrade; that may or may not be important.
5. This situation is a good opportunity to research and document the
elements on the server that you need to back up manually and download
in the event that you need to rebuild the server from scratch. I'm
guessing you don't do this work full-time, but having this information
written will save you and/or your successor a lot of time when that
day comes. Is this hosted server just running: 1. the main website
(what platform or site-building tool?), 2. a wiki (MediaWiki?), and 3.
Koha? That backup will probably come down to the databases you've
listed and one or more directories for each service.