[Koha] Install for Dummies

Bruce A Metcalf Consuls at AugustanSociety.org
Mon Jan 23 11:10:42 NZDT 2012

Koustubha Kale wrote:

>                         bruce at library:/usr/share/__koha4/bin/migration_tools$
>
> For the error message you have pasted above, it seems your koha is
> located at /usr/share/__koha4

Actually, /usr/share/koha. The koha4 directories are a leftover liblime install
that was abandoned when we moved to the community distro. Should probably purge it.

> If thats correct ( you can verify by running command ls
> /usr/share/__koha4 ) then your PERL5LIB should be
> PERL5LIB=/usr/share/__koha4/lib

# ls /usr/share/koha
bin  doc  intranet  lib  man  misc  opac

# ls /usr/share/koha/lib
C4

So that looks right, I think.

> Also make sure your zebra server is running by running command ps
> aux|grep zebra
> You should see atleast three lines of output on above command.

Nope, just:

# ps aux|grep zebra
root  16132  0.0  0.1  3292  508  pts/0  R+  22:10  0:00  grep  zebra

Does this suggest that zebra hasn't been started? How to?

Thanks again for the effort,
/ Bruce /
Bruce A Metcalf
Library Director