[Koha] Software error

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Jan 3 02:15:31 NZDT 2012

Op 02-01-12 19:14, Peter Zhao schreef:
> I would like try use MARC21 and Unimarc in the same system. So I do like
> this "1.MARC Bibliographic framework

I'm fairly sure that's a bad idea and not possible. The differences
between them (in terms of Koha internals) is a lot more than just the
MARC type. My natural instinct from the bit quoted would have to be "run
away screaming" :)

Probably not related to the error you're getting though.

Most likely you've got your system set to something (say, MARC21) and by
trying to add data in UNIMARC format you're missing out some required
fields, or they're being parsed in quite a different fashion, such that
it breaks.

Even if you fixed that in Koha (which would be a huuuuge job), you'd
still have to deal with the fact that Zebra would hate you forever.

Robin.