[Koha] Equinox job opportunity - System Administrator (repost)
gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed Nov 30 05:40:38 NZDT 2011
Equinox Software, a service provider for the open source integrated
library systems Koha and Evergreen, is currently seeking a talented and
dedicated Systems Administrator. Systems Administrators are responsible
for the overall health and maintenance of customer-facing and internal
servers and network infrastructure.
We are looking for the following qualities in a candidate:
* Strong customer service focus (no BOFH need apply).
* Extensive experience in a mission-critical Linux environment (Debian,
Ubuntu, or Red Hat strongly preferred).
* Deep familiarity with Linux installation, configuration, and
* Deep familiarity with Xen, Ganeti, and virtualization.
* Experience with shell scripting and at least one other scripting language.
* Experience exemplifying "laziness, impatience, and hubris" (as defined
by Larry Wall).
* Familiarity with SQL preferred.
* Ability to work well with minimum direction.
* Effective written and oral communication abilities.
* Experience with Asterisk and IP phone technologies.
* Familiarity with libraries and library operations preferred but not
Summary of essential job functions:
* Maintains, installs, and upgrades all Equinox servers and systems,
including a mission-critical customer-facing server cluster.
* Provides internal support to employees, both local and teleworkers.
* Participate in 24x7 on-call shifts for critical issues.
* Configures, installs and monitors a variety of applications in
addition to Evergreen and Koha, including but not limited to:
- email servers
- web servers
- Process documentation and improvement.
Equinox offers a strong benefits package including family health,
dental, and vision insurance, fully paid for by the company. We also
offer a 401k plan with matching contributions. Salary starts at $60,000
a year but is negotiable, and commensurate with experience. Relocation
assistance is also available.
Please send your resume, 3 professional references, and salary
requirements to careers at esilibrary.com with "Sysadmin" in the subject line.
Director of Support and Implementation
Equinox Software, Inc. / The Open Source Experts
email: gmc at esilibrary.com
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell: +1 404-984-4366
Supporting Koha and Evergreen: http://koha-community.org &
More information about the Koha