[Koha] how to install koha

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 08:45:28 NZDT 2010

Hi

2010/12/28 misbahul munir <muniraja.munir at gmail.com>:
> hello every body, I am a Goverment University Islam's student.

What's the subject of your studies (trying to figure out if it has to
do with software developement or librarian tasks i.e. your
background).

> by the way, How to install KOHA on WIndows?
> when i opened the folder of koha and i tried to install,, i confused how to
> do it.
> n there isn't manual to install koha on windows..

Installing koha on windows is a bit  complicated because of the lack
of tools for installing dependencies easily. If you take a look on
http://koha-community.org/download-koha/ you'll see it is intended to
run on a Linux server. It can run on Windows, but as said, it is
difficult. I've never done it.
You should try tu run koha on a linux box. Installing ubuntu is pretty
straight-forward. You can install it on a virtual machine running on
top of your windows (you can try http://www.virtualbox.org). There are
also virtual machines prepared with everything you need to run them
using tools like VirtualBox.

I think you should explain what you're  trying to do and perhaps
someone in the list can help you.

To+