[Koha] data import tools

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Dec 20 00:43:40 NZDT 2010

Op zondag 19 december 2010 23:40:21 schreef david at lang.hm:
> has anyone made a simple script that would let me feed it a list of books
> (by scanned ISBN codes for example) and have it do everything under the
> covers to get it added? I know that I've seen smaller personal
> library-type applications that had this sort of capibility.

I have a script that doesn't quite do this, but can easily be modified to do
so. The purpose of my script is to run through a Koha database and, using the
ISBN, merge or replace the data in Koha with the data from the Z39.50 source.

The script I have is the 'merge-in-z3950.pl' that can be found in the Catalyst
public git repository, in the pnf_import branch, or via http is at:
http://git.catalyst.net.nz/gw?p=koha.git;a=tree;f=import;h=aad6d2327623363e97c80af9b17f82aa05c6ea07;hb=refs/heads/pnf_import

It should be a fairly easy task for someone with Perl knowledge to add an
option to read a file containing ISBN numbers.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.