[Koha] Some problems or questions

Senthil Anand ssenthilanand at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 06:49:28 NZDT 2010

On 17 December 2010 20:44, Owen Leonard <oleonard at myacpl.org> wrote:

>> - When a patron has a item checkout, and the staff tries to checkout
>> the same item to another user, there is again a prompt where the staff
>> can checkout the item to the other user. Again there is some Koha
>> option to turn off that functionality?
>
> No. I think in this case the assumption is that if the patron has
> presented a book for checkout, they are entitled to have it. In the
> public library setting (where I work), this usually happens when an
> item has been returned to the shelf without having been checked in.

I have seen this problem many times where people are manually
entering the barcodes instead of using a barcode scanner. Due a
typo they frequently try to issue books already issued to another
user. It happened enough times that I had to do a template edit
to disable the option to issue the item in the resulting dialog box.

Regards,
Senthil