[Koha] libxslt version 1.1.18 problem

Terry Koh terry.koh at lifehope.om.org
Wed Dec 15 05:39:25 NZDT 2010

Hello everyone,

This is a pre-Koha install problem - hope it's OK asking it here.

I'm trying to install Koha 3.02 on CentOS 5.5.  The Koha "make test" asks
for libxslt 1.1.18 and quits with an error.

I've seen the discussions and proposed solutions on this problem in several
places including on this list and I tried them out without any joy.  For
example, I downloaded libxslt 1.1.18 from debian and tried to install
installed it.  But running "make test" throws up errors, asking for higher
versions of libxml, etc. and trying to install these now (using rpm) throws
up other dependencies and requirements which don't play well with each other.

I don't know if there is anything specific to Debian in that package that
is causing problems with CentOS.  Has anyone got this working with
CentOS5.5?  Or is it a CPAN problem?

I've tried to avoid installing
XML::LibXML
XML::LibXSLT
XML::RSS
using CPAN (the combination of these things seem to cause the problem) but
I think the latest updates to CPAN (which I did do) will install the
problematic version of XML::LibXML.

Thanks for any help.

-terry