[Koha] [Koha-devel] Migrating data from Liberty3 to Koha 3.0 plus

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Dec 14 11:35:21 NZDT 2010

Raphael Muonga schreef op ma 13-12-2010 om 15:07 [+0200]:
> Sorry, if I have used a wrong blog. Me I am asking for assistance in
> terms of migrating from Liberty3 to Koha 3.0 and above.

I've done this.

The guts of it are: extract the biblio records and item records as CSV
files (note: liberty isn't very good about producing valid CSV file, in
the end we got the best results using '~' as the field separator, with
'"' around the values. Note that I've never used Liberty, so I have no
idea how you go about getting the data out of it.

Then, I used a fairly complex script I've written that converts CSV
files into MARC using a bunch of rules. The script can be found here:
http://git.catalyst.net.nz/gw?p=koha.git;a=tree;f=import/csv;h=659921c9776d6ce36153335ede6bdec7ef93d451;hb=pnf_import

In there there is csvtomarc.pl, which is the main script, and a handful
of pnf_liberty_*.sh scripts, which are particular conversion
configurations for various parts of the catalogue. If you read the
documentation in csvtomarc.pl and compare that to what's in the
pnf_liberty scripts, you'll hopefully be able to work it out. It's
complex, but the documentation should be up to date (either read it in
the source, or using 'csvtomarc.pl --man' to see it.)

Keep in mind that this script expects to be run on a machine with a
configured Koha install so that it can map koha field names to MARC
values (although I'm thinking I may make that optional some time soon -
I find myself working directly with MARC values more often than koha
names.) It also has a handful of assumptions that you're working with
MARC21. If that's not the case for you, you'll need to make changes.
Also, a warning: this code may cause migraines. I take no responsibility
if you actually try to read it :)

Exactly how you do the migration will vary wildly depending on your
requirements, there is no one-stop solution, it's a process that
requires a lot of trial and error.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.