[Koha] Fwd: [Web4lib] Request to participate in 2010 Library Technology Guides automation survey

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Sat Dec 11 06:39:51 NZDT 2010

2010/12/11 Josh Westbrook <joshw at wwrurallibrary.com>:
> I wonder if Marshall gives any other group of folks this much input into his
> survey  :)

I'm sure he does, after all that's how things improve. The worlds a
changing place, and some of the rules that apply to proprietary
systems don't make sense with free and open source ones, it does no
harm to point that out.

> With that being said, I think with the way the library software market is
> going it would make sense to add a vendor field separate from the "Current
> Automation System" field.  (since the survey includes questions about the
> software you use and the vendor that supports it)  It could even have a
> lovely asterisk that leads you to a footnote similar to this:
>
> "If your library uses more than one support vendor, please list what you
> consider to be your main support vendor. If you do not contract with a
> support vendor please list 'Independent'."

What if you have 2 main .... why not just let the person list them
all, and rank them all?

> Then those people listed as "Independent" could go in and rate their
> in-house support team with the highest marks and go buy them cookies, or
> donuts, or pavlova, or whatever ...

Off topic
http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/4418676/New-Zealand-wins-pavlova-war

Chris