[Koha] Limiting searches to local branch

Chris Hobbs chobbs at nhusd.k12.ca.us
Sat Dec 4 13:04:21 NZDT 2010

  We had a request from our library teachers to limit OPAC searches to
just the local branch/school, without requiring patron log-in. The
apache conf that ships with Koha has some example info that would help
set up multiple virtual hosts, but I didn't want to deal with going out
and changing all of our OPAC station bookmarks (hey, I'm lazy :-) )

Thanks to some help from Jared Camins on irc, we came up with the
following. Adding it to the OPAC virtual host section allows us to
select the branch limit based on subnet and/or IP address. Works a treat!

    RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} ^10\.61\..*
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=OPAC_SEARCH_LIMIT:lo]

    RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} ^10\.14\..*
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=OPAC_SEARCH_LIMIT:pi]

    RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} ^10\.9\.12\.37
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [E=OPAC_SEARCH_LIMIT:es]

Hope this helps someone else!

--
Chris Hobbs
Director, Technology