[Koha] [Koha-devel] Suppressing records in Koha 3.2.x

Fischer, Katrin Katrin.Fischer at bsz-bw.de
Sat Dec 4 01:28:14 NZDT 2010

Hi,

suppressed and deleted are different things.

Deleted things go into the tables mentioned before.

Suppressed titles are not shown in OPAC, but can still be researched and
displayed in Intranet. It is a separate feature. If you have set the sys
pref to don't hide, you probably have no suppressed records yet. For a
record to be suppressed in OPAC view the 942$n field has to be set to 1.

The feature is described in the Koha manual:
http://koha-community.org/documentation/3-2-manual/index.php?ch=c18#AEN3
113

There is no separate database field where you can see if a title is
suppressed. The information is stored in the XML of biblioitems.marcxml.

Katrin