[Koha] Koha item type used to select MARC Framework?

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Thu Dec 2 23:48:13 NZDT 2010

Hi,
Il 01/12/2010 18:47, Peter Huerter ha scritto:

> How does Koha select which "MARC Framework" is relevant to a particular item?
> Is "item type" used for this?

Koha does not do any selection.
When you start to create a bib record you select a framework
(the value of Default is '').
Koha records your selection in the colums biblio.frameworkcode.

> We have several pre-defined MARC Frameworks: SR, IR, BKS, CF, VR, FA, KT,
> AR, SER and Default framework.
>
> I am trying to figure out which one to modify for a book (we have an item
> type BK = Book).  I'm wondering if Koha uses the "BKS" MARC Framework for a
> book?

You can check the situation of a specific bib record with this SQL query:
Select biblionumber, frameworkcode from biblio where biblionumber =
<value of biblionumber>

To change it: you can change with a SQL UPDATE

You can also setup to change the value with the Koha marc editor,
but is quite complex because you need to insert the value in all your
bib records.

Bye
Zeno
--