[Koha] FW: Koha and Banner

Mason JAMES mason at kohaaloha.com
Thu Dec 2 13:03:54 NZDT 2010

On 2010-12-2, at 11:02 AM, jowitt_al wrote:

> Talofa Everyone from Samoa
>
> It was great to meet some of you recently at the KohaCon10 Conference in Wellington.  We are progressing towards migrating to Koha here in Samoa and are looking at the system for all of the USP libraries across the pacific.
>
> I have one question for you all just now, has anyone used Banner with Koha to import patron records and details?  I see the following post back in April in the Archive.  Was there any response to this?
>

> Angela

hiya Angela,

short answer, probably yes :)

longer answer...
if your <insert_app_here> will dump out your patron data to a CSV file, then you can import that into Koha

or you can attempt to dump your patron data to a CSV file using SQL, on the application's database, and import that into Koha
(you might require an extra task to re-order the CSV file a little before import)

Mason