[Koha] How to search by Language on OPAC?

Ben Ide benide at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 03:29:34 NZST 2009

The list of 3-letter codes for this field is rather extensive:
http://www.loc.gov/marc/languages/langhome.html

But I suppose it wouldn't be too difficult to add a drop-down field
for advance search that at least covers some of the major languages:

Language	Code
English	eng
French	fre
German	ger
Greek	grc
Italian	ita
Latin	lat
Multiple (text in more than one language)	mul
Portuguese	por
Russian	rus
Spanish	spa
Undetermined	und
Items with no text (e.g. instrumental music scores, all illustrated	Blank

(from http://tinyurl.com/kpupn4 )

That would append "ln:[3-letter code]" to your search.  For example:
http://hartford.waldo.kohalibrary.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?q=monde+and+ln:fre

Thanks,
-- Ben