[Koha] Koha 3.0.4 Install - Shot the Zebra, Bring in the Giraffe

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Tue Oct 27 08:58:21 NZDT 2009

2009/10/27 gsl <gsl at rhcl.org>:
> I'm in the final stages of installing Koha 3.0.4 (fixed) on Deb Lenny.
>
> Following the install instructions, near the end when running the following command:
>
> Koha:/usr/share/koha/bin# update-rc.d koha-zebraqueue-daemon defaults
>
> Produces this output:
>
> update-rc.d: warning: /etc/init.d/koha-zebraqueue-daemon missing LSB information
> update-rc.d: see <http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts>
> System startup links for /etc/init.d/koha-zebraqueue-daemon already exist.
>
> I'm guessing this shouldn't be critical, but why can I not get to the web interface:
>
> http://localhost:8080  #or
> http://koha:8080
>
> result in:
>
> Koha error
>
> The following fatal error has occurred:
>
> Access denied for user 'koda'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at
> /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Context.pm line 666.
> Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line 30.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line 30.
> Compilation failed in require at
> /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl line 23.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl line 23.

Hi Greg

While zebra can be a pain to set up, this error actually has nothing
at all to do with zebra.
That is telling you that koha can not connect to the mysql database.
So whatever user and password you set up, either doesnt exist as a
mysql user, or doesn't have permission to connect to the database

Chris