[Koha] Help with item types in OPAC display

Eva Radding Eva_Radding at facing.org
Tue Oct 20 02:44:01 NZDT 2009

Hello all,

Our library is new to Koha. We are migrating our bib records from a
non-MARC format, and many of our titles are original cataloging in AV
formats. In order to have our item types display correctly in the OPAC, we
have to create leader/007/008 fields that map to the appropriate OPAC
icons. Can someone suggest the proper way to code for these formats?

archival videotape (actually several types, including DVcam, miniDV, and
beta, but they could all appear the same way)
VHS
DVD
poster
slides
kit
audio CD
periodical

Thank you very much for your help.

Eva Radding
Librarian
Facing History and Ourselves
16 Hurd Road
Brookline, MA 02445
617-735-1680
Eva_Radding at facing.org

This email and any information attached to it may be confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use or dissemination of the information is prohibited.  Please notify the sender that you received the email in error and delete any record of this message.