[Koha] Fwd: KohaCon '10 virtual component

M. Brooke Helman abesottedphoenix at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 9 06:00:41 NZDT 2009

Salvete!

      The downside of my Yahoo account is that there aren't >s for responses.

*********

Very expensive. I doubt many librarians from Europe will travel to NZ
for KohaCon.
I guess we may end up with regional conferences, one of which is
slightly bigger, rotating each year? But realistically, except for
some people very involved with Koha, such as vendors, KohaCon NZ will
have a small percentage of people coming from other areas of the
world.
My understanding is that KohaCon served 2 purposes in the past:
* a developpers meeting with people coming worldwide to code away
* a more user-oriented meeting with people mainly coming from the area.

      While I expect the NZ conference to be intimate, I do think that it's worth having. In the back of my mind, I think a NZ conference might be more convenient to Asia and Africa. We'll always be expensive to someone, so I'm happy that folks seem to accept a rotation. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

*******

> I am hoping to get funding to attend this conference, and should I get it, I will gladly put in the effort to make the above happen.  Even if I don't, I'll do anything I can to help.  Does anyone else think this is a worthwhile pursuit, or is the effort required too great for the reward?

********

        Ian that's brilliant, and Brian it sounds like you have a sweet deal already good to go. Which island are you on?

Cheers,
Brooke