[Koha] Koha and 508 Compliant

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at snv.jussieu.fr
Thu May 28 03:09:39 NZST 2009

Hi,

> I haven't done a detailed examination of it, but my quick answer is
> "not particularly."  In a lot of ways, it will be, since it's a
> pretty-straightforward sort of thing, but that is probably as much
> good luck as deliberate design.  I don't think there would be any
> *major* restructuring needed to get it there, just lots and *lots* of
> finicky little details.

I am a blind user and I worked with Koha's intranet interface.
I don't know precisely what section 508 says about web accessibility,
but I can say that KOha's administration interface uses Javascript,
(and has no alternative for those browsers that do not support
Javascript), which may make Koha non-compliant.

Best wishes,
Sébastien.