[Koha] Authorities difficulties

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Sat Jul 25 01:42:33 NZST 2009

On 07/24/2009 02:26 PM, Nicole Engard wrote:
> I'm with you 100% :)  I used to drive my cataloging instructors crazy
> cause I kept complaining about the stupidity of the punctuation rules.

UK Marc had no punctuation. e.g. names were entered $aSurname$hFirst
names instead of $aSurname, First names. Then a few years back the UK
libraries adopted Marc21 and a lot of programmer time (I speak from
experience) went into putting back all those #!?@ commas, periods dashes
etc.
History does not always go onward and upward, I fear

Colin

--
Colin Campbell
Software Engineer, PTFS Europe Limited