[Koha] SQL report for duplicate items

Banks, Joy M jbanks at flsouthern.edu
Fri Jul 24 07:33:50 NZST 2009

Hi everyone-

We're a hosted Koha library using whatever the most recent release of the product is. I've been asked if I can generate a report through Koha that would tell us all the duplicate items in the collection. Try as I might, I can't seem to figure out a simple way of doing this without pulling a report of every single item, sorting by call number, and sifting through the tens of thousands of items. Has anyone generated a report like this? It wouldn't be enough to pull titles that have more than one record because then we'll get multi-volume sets too. And there isn't a single identifying entry in the call number (e.g. pt. or c.) because there hasn't been any consistency with our tracking of duplicate items. If anyone has ideas, please let me know. I'll only be able to copy/paste generated SQL into the Report Wizard. We have no access to the backend of the system.

Thank you!

~Joy

Joy M. Banks
Catalog Librarian