[Koha] [Koha-devel] LDAP configuration in Koha3.0 on Linux

Dobrica Pavlinusic dpavlin at rot13.org
Wed Jul 15 02:10:12 NZST 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 06:43:43PM +0530, Sai bhalaji Dhinakaran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to configure Koha3.0 on Linux(Ubuntu) to use our LDAP server.
> I referred to the below link for configuration:
>
> http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=en:development:ldap&s
>
> Our LDAP server does not provide any field name for password and hence I am not able to map in the koha_conf.xml file.
> Also, please let me know if there is any other file that I need to modify to succeed in configuring for this.
>
> Can someone please help me in resolving this issue since I am unable to understand the flow of this authentication process.

We had similar problem, so we opted to implement following ugly patch:

http://koha-dev.rot13.org:8081/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=koha-ffzg.git;a=commitdiff;h=01bcd8bb8d84e85d29a0bb395757742cab06f102

(which I should really cleanup and submit at some point in future).

Idea is simple: instead of having single administrative user which can
do LDAP compare to check password, we just bind as user who is trying to
login. Tricky part is rewrite of user login at domain.com into LDAP DN
syntax (uid=login,dc=domain,dc=com), but if this patten is o.k. for most
users (I hope). If it's not, please speak now! :-)

--
Dobrica Pavlinusic               2share!2flame            dpavlin at rot13.org
Unix addict. Internet consultant.             http://www.rot13.org/~dpavlin