[Koha] upgrade

Ricardo Dias Marques lists at ricmarques.net
Tue Jul 14 01:51:18 NZST 2009

Hi Vinod,

On 11-Jul-2009, vinod kumar <vinod.kumar.trf at gmail.com> wrote:

> how to  koha 3.00.00 upgrade in 3.00.03

I would suggest that you take the following steps:

1st - As a safety precaution, make a backup of your koha database with
a mysqldump command, like:

# mysqldump --databases koha -p > mykoha3backup.sql

2nd - Assuming that you want to choose the same installation options
of your existing Koha installation, locate the "koha-install-log" file
in your system. In my case, it's located at:
/usr/share/koha/misc/koha-install-log

3rd - In your Koha directory (the one where you extracted the files
contained in the koha-3.00.03.tar.gz file), run the following commands
(these commands are suggested in the "UPGRADE" section of the
"INSTALL" file):

# perl Makefile.PL --prev-install-log /path/to/koha-install-log
# make
# make test
# sudo make upgrade

4th - If you get any messages regarding additional prerequisites (e.g:
new Perl modules) for the new Koha version, you should install them.

5th - Access the web site for the "OPAC" of your Koha installation.
You'll probably get a Koha page with a message saying  "System
Maintenance ... we'll be back soon! If you have any questions, please
contact the Site Administrator".

6th - Access the web site for the "Intranet" area of your Koha
installation (usually running on the 8080 port). Run whatever steps
that appear in that page.

I hope this helps you.  :)

Cheers,
Ricardo Dias Marques
lists AT ricmarques DOT net
Installation Guide for Installing Koha 3 on openSUSE 11
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=opensuse_11.0