[Koha] automatic e-mails

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 08:01:02 NZST 2009

> i have a problem in send e-mails automaticlly to overdue students ,i add
>> this line to my crontab file but didn't sent any e-mail ... any help
>>
>> */45 10 * * * /usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs/message_queue.pl

I don't know what version of Koha you are using.

In current Koha, the job is named differently, but can be run with -v for
verbose feedback:
./misc/cronjobs/process_message_queue.pl -v

Of course, all that does is send out any queued messages.  It doesn't create
overdue notices.  For that, you need to run:

misc/cronjobs/overdue_notices.pl

Schedule that to occur only ONE TIME per day.

--
Joe Atzberger
LibLime - Open Source Library Solutions