[Koha] Holds

Nicole Engard nicole.engard at liblime.com
Sat Jul 11 02:26:37 NZST 2009

Cab,

You might want to read through the holds section in the manual - but
I'll try and explain here too :)

You do have to view the report - but it's important to know that it's
real-time data so you know what items are on hold as of the time
you're clicking on the report (I think - if not it's accurate as of
when your cron ran - someone can correct me here).

What you want to do is go out to the shelves and find the books in
question.  Bring them to your circ computer and check them all in by
using the check in tool.  This will mark the items as waiting for the
patron at the library instead of just 'on hold'.  Then when the patron
comes to the library they can check the item out.

Patrons can see where they are in the queue if you turn on the
OPACDisplayRequestPriority system preference - if you don't turn this
on - you as staff can still see where people are in the queue by
clicking the holds tab on the record itself in the staff client.

Did I answer everything?

---

Nicole C. Engard
Open Source Evangelist, LibLime