[Koha] Storage of item type when itelevel-itype is off

Ricardo Dias Marques lists at ricmarques.net
Sat Jul 11 02:11:37 NZST 2009

Hi Sébastien,

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 14:23, Sébastien Hinderer
<Sebastien.Hinderer at snv.jussieu.fr> wrote:

> Ahah... I could just check and notice that on my system the
> biblioitems.itemtype koha field is bound to $200b.
>
> I find it strange that the settings are different. Is your $200b bound
> to some other koha field ?

Very good observation. The 200$b UNIMARC subfield (200b = "General
Material Designation") in my case is NOT linked to any Koha field. But
I don't remember having "unmapped" this field.

Maybe this difference between my setup and yours is due to my
installation having been previously an installation of Koha 3.0.1 that
was migrated to 3.0.2 (by running "perl Makefile.PL
--prev-install=/usr/share/koha/misc/koha-install-log"). I have later
repeated that same procedure for upgrading to 3.0.3

If that "default" 200b <-> biblioitems.itemtype mapping was created in
the official version Koha before version 3.0.3, I think that I
wouldn't get that mapping, because I was following this "upgrade"
procedure (that preserves existing data) instead of doing a "real"
fresh install.

Am I right? Does anyone have any info / comments regarding this?

Cheers,
Ricardo