[Koha] Storage of item type when itelevel-itype is off

Ricardo Dias Marques lists at ricmarques.net
Sat Jul 11 00:46:17 NZST 2009

Hi Sébastien,

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 13:24, Sébastien
Hinderer<Sebastien.Hinderer at snv.jussieu.fr> wrote:

> When the itemlevel-itype system preference is off, to which MARC field
> could one bind item-type in Unimarc, please ?

I also have an UNIMARC installation, with Koha 3.0.3 and the
"item-level_itypes" System Preference set to OFF.

I have item types mapped to "990c", that is UNIMARC tag / field 990
("ADDED ENTRY ELEMENTS (KOHA)") and subfield "c" ("Koha item type").
The "Koha link" dropdown list for 990c is set to
"biblioitems.itemtype" and the "Authorized value" dropdown list is set
to "itemtypes".

Do you think that this setup can work for you too?

Cheers,
Ricardo Dias Marques
lists AT ricmarques DOT net
Installation Guide for Installing Koha 3 on openSUSE 11
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=opensuse_11.0