[Koha] Cronjob doubts solved

Vimal Kumar vimal0212 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 14:42:23 NZST 2009

Dear Friends,

At last I could found the reason of not calculating fine.

To make Koha cronjobs functional, follow the steps,

Open a terminal and try the commands,

localhost:~# su
localhost:~# cd /usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs
localhost:~# crontab -u root crontab.example
localhost:~# crontab -u username crontab.example

Above mentioned steps should be try after the Koha installation.

Following changes in crontab are necessary,

localhost:~# crontab -e

change the following values there,

# ENVIRONMENT:
PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib
KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/koha-conf.xml

# Some additional variables to save you typing
KOHA_CRON_PATH = /usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs

 Notes:

Enable the Finemode to Production. Goto System
Preferences>Circulation>Production
Set the time of fine calculation in cron jobs.

Default time setting in crontab is for 24 hr live servers. If your Koha
server work only day time, set the day time for fine calculation.

For example, if your library close at 5 pm evening, you can set the fine
calculation time 16.45 pm.

Format of the entry is "m h  dom mon dow   command"

 Many non techie library professionals confronted the same problem.

I hope that, this solution will be helpful for them.

--
Vimal Kumar V.
Asst. Librarian

OK Society Volunteer. http://oksociety.in