[Koha] safe way

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Wed Jul 8 18:39:12 NZST 2009

2009/7/8 Jonson philip <superjojo1000 at gmail.com>:
> i rebuild zebra with - b - a - ( OK )  and when running with - z manually
> didn't make any thing -- why ??

Probably because nothing has changed, without the -z it will reindex
the entire database, you don't need to do this. With -z it only
updates the index for records who have changed.

>    that's my crontab
>
> # m h  dom mon dow   command
> PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib/
> KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/koha-conf.xml
>
> ## rebuild zebra
> */5 * * * * KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/koha-conf.xml PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib/
> /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -a -z >/dev/null
>
> all my worry about we are thinking to make consortium between a few
> libraries and i'm afraid of this point indexing so i asking if there anther
> solution for indexing .....because i'm sure there are another way to make
> koha indexing .... without crontab .... that's right or not .... thank's

Yes, using cron is the right way to do, consortia like NEKLS
(Northeast Kansas Library System) and CKLS, and many other consortia
run rebuild_zebra.pl with -z, using cron, to update the indices.

I'm not sure how many more ways I can say, yes, use cron to run rebuild_zebra.pl

Chris