[Koha] Multiple Web OPACs

Dale Foster dale.foster at fcdarwin.org.ec
Wed Jul 8 11:11:29 NZST 2009

Goal: To allow Internet access to the library's OPAC.

Challenge: We are a small research library located in the Galapagos
Islands. Internet connectivity is both intermittent and slow out here in
the South Pacific, so opening our webserver to the world is not a viable
option. We are in the process of installing Koha on our Intra-net
webserver. We have contracted for webhosting on a faster connection/server
on the mainland of Ecuador and can install Koha there.
What is the best configuration for running two Koha OPAC's at different
locations?
What is the best way to exchange the data between the two locations?
 Do we need to do a complete installation of Koha on the mainland server,
or is there an easy way just to install the webserver/OPAC module?

I look forward to hearing for anyone who has attempted a similar project.

Thanks,

Dale Foster
Bibliotecario Voluntario / Volunteer Librarian
Fundación Charles Darwin / Charles Darwin Foundation (AISBL)
Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz
Galápagos, Ecuador
Tel. (593-5) 2526 146/147 ext. 118
dale.foster at fcdarwin.org.ec