[Koha] bulkmarcimport.pl warning messages

Ricardo Dias Marques lists at ricmarques.net
Thu Jul 2 05:15:36 NZST 2009

Hi Sébastien,

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009, I wrote:

>> After running this import using bulkmarcimport, if I do any search in
>> either the OPAC or in the Intranet, I get the following error message:
>> Error: Can't call method "as_usmarc" on an undefined value at
>> /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Search.pm line 2157.

And, on the same day, Sébastien Hinderer
<Sebastien.Hinderer at snv.jussieu.fr> replied:

> It's probably because you didn't rebuild the search index.
> Since you don't have zebra installed, try the rebuild_nozebra script in
> migration_tools directory.

Thank you very much! You're absolutely right: I had forgot to run
rebuild_nozebra.pl after running bulkmarcimport.pl.

Maybe it could be useful to change the bulkmarcimport.pl code so that
it prints the "reminder" to run "rebuild_zebra.pl /
rebuild_nozebra.pl" at the end of bulkmarcimport processing?

Sébastien: I think that you should consider changing your family name
from "Hinderer" - http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hinder - to "Helpful",
eheh.
Just kidding!  :)

Thanks again!