[Koha] [Koha-devel] Koha-3.0.1 Stable release

Ricardo Dias Marques lists at ricmarques.net
Sat Feb 21 06:14:12 NZDT 2009

Hi Henri... and all other Koha developers!  :)

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009, LAURENT Henri-Damien <laurenthdl at alinto.com> wrote:

> we are very happy to announce Koha3.0.1 Stable has been released on
> http://download.koha.org/
> Its name is koha-3.00.01-stable.tar.gz You can download file and signatures

First of all, many congratulations to you and other Koha developers
for "launching" a new version of Koha!  :)

I have found some minor problems with the release notes in your e-mail
message and there are some things that are not clear to me.

You wrote:

> I have also tagged this in Git as "version 3.00.01 stable"
> v3.00.01-stable_update

Looking at http://git.koha.org I see that:
- the tag "3.00.01-stable_update" has the description "version 3.00.01
stable you should use" (created 36 hours ago)
- the tag "v3.00.01-stable" has the description "version
3.00.01-stable" (created 43 hours ago)

... so "version 3.00.01 stable" is NOT the string used for
"v3.00.01-stable_update" (the string used for "v3.00.01-stable_update"
is "version 3.00.01 stable you should use").

So, I ask you if your text should read as this instead:

You also wrote:

> You can download.

"Yes, we can!"  ;-)  Sorry, I couldn't resist that, eheh. What do you
mean by "You can download"? I think this is "leftover text" from the
"You can download file and signatures" text in the last part of the
1st paragraph of the Release Notes. Am I right?

> [snip]
>
> Subsequent releases will be bugfix releases, and won't include new
> features which would require some databas changes.

Very small typo ("databas" should be "database").

> [snip]
> The Koha Team welcomes additional translations; please see
> http://www.kohadocs.org/usersguide/apb.html for information about
> translating Koha, and join the koha-translate list to volunteer:

That's the old page. The new one is:

By the way, in the "Release Notes" web page - at
http://www.koha.org/about-koha/news/nr1234988287.html - the text of
the "koha-translate" link is correct - it reads
"http://lists.koha.org/mailman/listinfo/koha-translate" - but it is
actually pointing to the old page also -
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/koha-translate

That same web page, has some weird text links at the top right, that
read ""About KohaKoha NewsKoha 3.0.1 Released" [sic] (without any
spaces in between).

Finally, the "Download" web page - http://www.koha.org/download/ - is
missing the 3.0.1 version.

And I think that's it. I hope this information is helpful and I'll
gladly read any comments about this. :)

Cheers,
Ricardo Dias Marques
lists AT ricmarques DOT net
Installation Guide for Installing Koha 3 on openSUSE 11 [Koha Developer Wiki]
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=opensuse_11.0