[Koha] Hardware setup

Thommy M. thommy.m.malmstrom at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 08:14:04 NZDT 2009

Lars J. Helbo wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> I am getting closer to the point, where we will start using koha. Before
> I start building the system, I have a few questions. They are probably
> naive and simple, but I am a beginner on this ;-)
>
> It is a small private school, where we will also have a library. There
> will be a server for the school - including web-, mail-, print- and
> fileserver. But from my feelings I am a bit reluctant on installing koha
> on this central server. Are there any big advantage in installing koha
> on a separate computer in the library? If something goes wrong, I think
> the consequences would be smaller.
>
> For the beginning I would probably only use koha internally in the
> library anyway.

Run Koha within VirtualBox, then you can play around as you wish. If
your server is a modern machine with at least a dual core CPU and 4-8 GB
RAM then you can run a couple of virtual machines in it without
disturbing the others. Maybe the community even can have a known
"standard" virtual image for, say, Ubuntu to download??? Any takers?