[Koha] OPAC availability

Rachel Hollis Rachel.Hollis at stevenshenager.edu
Fri Feb 6 09:51:19 NZDT 2009

Soon you kind folks are going to be sick of me. After testing and moving forward with automation, we are experiencing inconstancies in the OPAC display. I can control the outcome by clicking Normal, MARC, ISBD and Modification Log after item input/save in the staff client. See example search on the word "teachers":

1. Mentoring beginning teachers : guiding, reflecting, coaching.
by Boreen, Jean.
Type:  Book; Format: print  ; Literary form: not fiction
Publisher: Stenhouse Publishers, c2000.
Availability:
Match: ... Mentoring beginning teachers : ... First year teachers ...
Actions: Place Hold Save to Lists Add to Cart

2. The chronicle of higher education.
by Editorial Projects for Education, Inc.
Type:  Continuing Resource; Format: print ; Type of continuing resource: p periodical directory
Publisher: Editorial Project for Education, 1966-
Availability: No copies available <-- the status is "not for loan"
Match: ... College teachers ...
Actions: Save to Lists Add to Cart

3. Qualities of effective teachers.
by Stronge, James H.
Type:  Book; Format: print  ; Literary form: not fiction
Publisher: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, c2002.
Availability: Copies available at: Stevens-Henager College, Boise Campus (1).
Match: ... Qualities of effective teachers / ...
Actions: Place Hold Save to Lists Add to Cart

We are on Koha 3 with Library Set and XSLT set to ON. Within the database, the items table shows no null values in homebranch. Of course, the big questions are how to have all of our titles available for loan to display like example 3, and how to ensure that it is not a problem in the future. Any ideas?

Rachel Hollis, librarian
Stevens-Henager College, Boise Idaho Campus