[Koha] Printing spine labels

Brad Weishaupt BWeishaupt at gibcjupiter.org
Thu Feb 5 04:07:50 NZDT 2009

I emailed this to Oliver direct, but in case his junk mail grabs it or
others have input, I copy it here. I am setting up a new multi-location
KOHA, and am almost ready to print labels at the first location. I'm a
non-librarian type trying to learn all this. Help!

-------------

I am getting ready to start printing labels in a new KOHA installation,
and saw your post (below) about the Gaylord label - a mixed label format
(OCLC I think its called) that KOHA has no settings for (at least
default ones).

1. I see you set up your own format (template) - could you send that to
me?

2. What info did you place on your wide label? One thing I see as a
problem is if you print a spine label and a bar code label, its
difficult to know what book it is for without a title or author on
either label. And I don't think I've seen a way to add title to the
barcode label. We have over 1000 on this initial print.

3. In the smaller barcode numbers, they don't line up right: two digit
barcodes run off the right side of the label, three digit barcodes are
flush right, and four digit barcodes seem more centered. Did you run
into that problem?

Brad Weishaupt
Director of Technology
The Expositors Seminary