[Koha] daemon command in koha-zebra-ctl.sh [SOLVED]

Gomez, Bernardo bgomez at emory.edu
Fri Sep 26 05:57:39 NZST 2008

I found the linux daemon command in ubuntu's repository.

zebra command works fine now.

bernardo gomez

On 9/25/08 11:56 AM, "Gomez, Bernardo" <bgomez at emory.edu> wrote:

in the process of installing koha3.0
I tried to set up zebra processes as daemons.

when I run the command
 sudo /usr/share/koha/bin/koha-zebra-ctl.sh start

ubuntu says that "daemon": command not found.

am quoting INSTALL.debian:

<<Option 2: run the Zebra processes as daemons, and add to startup process:

Note that references to $SCRIPT_DIR refer to the directory where
Koha's command-line scripts are installed, e.g., /usr/share/koha/bin.

    Zebra Server:
    $ sudo ln -s ${SCRIPT_DIR}/koha-zebra-ctl.sh
/etc/init.d/koha-zebra-daemon
    (Note: ${SCRIPT_DIR} is /usr/share/koha/bin/ by default in a standard
install)
    $ sudo update-rc.d koha-zebra-daemon defaults

my question is:
is "daemon" a linux command or a koha command, and where  can I find it?

thank you.

bernardo gomez
----------------------
Emory University- IT
Atlanta GA 30322
bgomez at emory.edu
404-727-4948

information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
prohibited.

Emory University- IT
Atlanta GA 30322
bgomez at emory.edu