[Koha] Printing a circulation receipt

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 06:57:24 NZST 2008

It sounds like you have the process correct.  The new web page is what is
designed to be printed to the printer.  If the printer is your system's
default, then you may be able to use your browser's print button from that
screen.

If you cannot print to the printer from a basic application (like notepad),
then Koha will be unable to print to it as well.  Koha is a web-based
application and by definition does not know anything about your local
printer configuration.  Instead, Koha relies on the web browser to
communicate with the printer.  Some features, like dual-color ribbons and
tape-cutters will not work with Koha because the necessary control
characters cannot be sent via web browser.  By the same token, some impact
printers may not be able to support Koha's Unicode output.

--Joe Atzberger,
LibLime