[Koha] Delhi Public Library is online with Koha 3

Ata ur Rehman ata.rehman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 17:42:18 NZST 2008

Dear All

"Delhi Public Library is an autonomous organization under the Ministry of
Tourism & Culture and governed by Delhi Library Board, fully financed by the
Government of India. Delhi Public Library was started as a UNESCO project in
the year 1951 by the Govt. of India. It was inaugurated by first Prime
Minister of India Hon'ble Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, started as small unitary
library in old Delhi, Opp. Old Delhi Railway Station. It has since developed
into a premier Public Library System in the metropolitan city of Delhi"

This is the excerpt from the welcome message given on the home page of Delhi
Public Library (http://www.dpl.gov.in).  I would like to share with you all
that this historic library having more than* 2 Million books/bibliographic
material* in Indian and English Language is now online using Koha.
Catalogue can be accessed at:

http://www.openlx.in:8080

It is the real implementation of Koha 3 without any paid support (I think
first in South Asia, plz correct me someone if I am wrong).  I congratulate
Mr. Amit and Mr. Sudhir on this achievement.

Note: Amit is trying to install Koha 3 Stable Release today, Amit! keep it
up..

Regards,

Ata ur Rehman
LISolutions.org