[Koha] Windows install for Koha 3

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 03:46:04 NZST 2008

> My organization has been wanting to use Koha for some time now and I
> have been holding that project off for a few months as version 3 release
> seemed
> eminent.

A 3.0 release is eminent, but Windows compatibility for it is necessarily
secondary until that happens.

> Is there really not going to be a v3 release for Windows anytime soon?

I don't think Chris has any incentive to mislead you here.  The problems are
well documented at the wiki he linked:
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=en:installation:win32:koha_3_win32_installer_project

So yes, it seems like it will be some time before that is polished off.  On
the other hand, a couple of skilled people dedicated to it could likely
resolve the major issue outstanding.  The main snag seems to be XML::LibXSLT
.

In the meantime, I would recommend you experiment with a stock debian
installation of Koha.  You can run it in a virtual machine if the underlying
system cannot be altered, or must run Win32 as a matter of policy.  That way
you shouldn't have to wait to evaluate most of the features.

--joe